Monday, October 8, 2007

No Confidentiality

A survey was sent out to staff last week, which was supposedly confidential and people's anonymity would be maintained. Well, one teacher was honest, blunt and negative, but honest. Later, he received a call at home by the administrator of the survey who wanted to know if the teacher had "a bad day" when filling out the form. Apparently, the administrator of the survey can click a button to discover the identity of the responder.

This morning at an all-staff meeting we were again told our identities were not able to be discerned. This was obviously a lie. People now know we are being lied to.

Sadly, the level of distrust in the building grows.

4 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Oh, MAN! That would put me OVER THE EDGE.

If there's no trust, there's nothing. Literally nothing. I am so sorry.

Mimi said...

I would freak out!! That is so dysfunctional...

On the Edge said...

I'm conducting an online staff survey per the recommendation of the union. Principal was against it initially, because it was too negative. I added a positive component. Principal wants to see the results. I'll show her, but I haven't done a lick of the work from my school. I want to honor the anonymity of the survey.... of course there's more to the story, but I'll write about it soon....

My principal would do the same thing, which is scary.

Hugh O'Donnell said...

Staff needs to call the principal out on that move and send a message to the superintendent that trust no longer exists in your building, accompanied by a complete explanation.

Don't stand for it.

Um, do I know the union rep for your building?? ;)

Sic 'em, Doc!